- October 1st, 2012: Development Economics at Marginal Revolution University
- September 28th, 2012: US Department of Ed. releases 3 year student loan default rates
- Some thoughts on Coursera
- Dropout Nation (PBS Frontline) Aired September 25th, 2012
- September 19th, 2012: Coursera adds 17 more university partners
- Learn some Development Econ. at Marginal Revolution University tinyurl.com/8h4wuoz #MRUDevEcon 8 months ago
- Some thoughts on Coursera bit.ly/QzgBad 8 months ago
- Check out Frontline's Dropout Nation bit.ly/QrNuFP 8 months ago
Category Archives: Videos
Frontline aired an excellent piece about students (at a public high school in Houston) who are struggling with the pressure to stay in school and the forces that pull them away. Below is a preview. You can watch the full … Continue reading
In this video, Sebastian Thrun speaks out about why he put his Stanford class online. A must see. A bit of a long winded intro. Skip ahead to 2:20.
Realized I never posted this…
In this clip from the 2003 documentary Children Full of Life, Mr. Kanamori teaches his 4th graders in Kanazawa, Japan a bit about loyalty, camaraderie, happiness, and standing up for what you believe in. It’s worth watching the whole thing, … Continue reading
TED talk by Tony Wagner.
If you missed the video leading up to this discussion, watch it here.
Dave Eggers’ Once Upon a School (TED Feb 2011) Whenever You Are, We’re Already Then
If you’re interested in philosophy and you haven’t watched these, you should watch the entire series on Youtube. If you’re just interested in the part about equal access to education, fast forward to 14:15 in this video.